Sunday, November 13, 2011

TESOL

I was so fortunate that this weekend I got to go to the TESOL conference here in Denver, CO.  It was filled with so many amazing topics and ideas.  I can't tell you how I was reassured that all the ways I considered to be "best pratices" are actually empirically proven.  I know, silly, right?  But I have been at this for a long time (school, practicums, volunteering, and tutoring) and all the ways I try to teach really do work.  I will try to share some of my ideas here later but I also had a very sad event this weekend, my doggie died!  We are really sad and upset.  It is very overwhelming at times and it takes so much to keep it together. 

I wanted to share more but I just can't find the words! 

3 comments:

  1. Oh no!

    My deepest sympathies about your doggie! :(((( I have a Golden Retriever (Mishka) and I lost my yellow labrador (Dusty) when I was a kid - they're a part of our families so I'm truly sorry for your loss!

    I would of course love to here what you think about your 'best practices' so when you're back I'll be looking forward to your post. :)

    All the best,
    Josh
    Classroom Hero
    Grab-and-Go Lessons

    ReplyDelete
  2. Josh,
    Thanks for your kind words! We were so surprised about my dog's death. We had him for 11 years and I didn't think that that was old at all. I realize that some dogs just get sick and die but he showed no symptoms.

    I will post something more about "best practices" soon. I'm right in the middle of a paper for school. Are you just looking for strategies or lessons?

    Thanks for reading my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's amazing how how attached you get to our fuzzy creatures. My Golden Mishka just turned 4 years old last month and... I can't imagine life without her. So, I truly understand how you guys are feeling.

    I was doing some research for my own blog article I was working on
    and came across your post and thought I'd say hi.

    You can take a look if you'd like and tell me what you think.
    http://www.grabandgolessons.com/art-of-being-better-esl-teacher-esl-teaching-methodology/

    I see your enthusiasm all over your blog - so I'm certain your students are lucky to have you at the helm! :))))

    Still - I'll be looking forward to your next posts. :))

    Josh

    ReplyDelete